Frenchy has plenty of reasons to smile today
- Mike Pelfrey set the tone early, throwing 1st pitch strikes. He finished six innings (would've liked to have seen him gone out for the 7th, but that's a moot point), allowing 2 runs and 4 hits, while walking 4. Very solid performance.
- Jeff Francoeur and Rod Barajas both hit 2 home runs
- Alex Cora and Ruben Tejada both played great defense, something the Mets haven't seen in a very long time. Tejada also picked up his 1st major league hit, and then was optioned down to AAA after the game.
- The bullpen was great, with Takahasi throwing in his 3rd straight game, and Nieve working in his 4th straight game. Mejia threw a perfect 9th to close out the game
- Anyone else concerned about a 35 year old who was a starter in Japan, now working in three straight games? Or Nieve who has had health issues in the past pitching 4 of the last 5 nights?
- Is Joe Torre managing the Mets and burning out bullpen arms?
- Mike Jacobs with another 0-ffer, but at least he didn't strike out.
- D Wright for a few errant throws; this is continuing to be a problem
Let's Go Mets!