Recap of last night:
- John Maine needed 115 pitches to throw 5 innings
- He threw his fastball more, but it still wasn't effective, and grooved a 87 MPH right down the middle, which C Rasmus quickly deposited beyond the fence
- Adam Wainwright threw 107 pitches to throw 9 innings (complete game)
- His curveball was filthy, and throws it 16-17 mph slower than his fastball
- He retired the last 11 batters he faced
- Struck out nine and only walked two
- The Mets offense was offensive once again, mustering four hits (all singles), so it's been over 27 innings since the last extra base hit
- The Mets had TWO extra base hits the entire series.
- Guess you can't expect anything when Frank Catalanotto hits clean-up
- Jeff Francoeur threw Ludwick out at the plate, which saved a run early in the game.
- He clearly has a cannon and loves to use it; it could've been a game-changing if the Mets were a good team.
- Ludwick jumped on 1st pitch fastball from Igarashi and hit a 2-run HR in the 8th
- T Stoner, recently recalled from Buffalo, pitched well 2 1/3 innings), but got the loss
And in case you missed it last night, the Mets have designated Mike Jacobs for assignment, and the supposed Mets "Savoir", Ike Davis, should make his Mets debut this week (maybe as soon as tonight, as they are facing three RHP this series). I love the fact they stepped up and DFA'd Mike Jacobs, although it was 11 games too late; but at least they acknowledged their mistake. I wouldn't be bringing up Davis yet, I would prefer C Carter, but both are better than Jacobs/Tatis so it will help the team.
LET'S GO METS