- Oliver Perez was activated from the DL and J Turner was sent down to Buffalo. Perez is likely going to be the 2nd situational lefty, aka, he will barely pitch. Hope he finds a niche and becomes the best 2nd lefty out of the 'pen in baseball and justifies his contract.
- Alex Cora was very upset with people laughing in the clubhouse after the game yesterday. Well I guess that's why he's making 2 million dollars this year. Really hope he plays 80 games this year so we can get this great clubhouse help next year as well. I'm worried someone may realize he's worth every dime he's making. (screaming of sarcasm)
- Mets are once again carrying 3 catchers, something Jerry loved to do last year. It's still a waste of a roster spot as I said in the off-season, but why would we want to have a competent bench?
- Mets are rumored to be interested/scouting every available starting and relief pitcher. In other news, there is oil in the Gulf. We've been hearing both of those stories non-stop for the past 3 months...This is why I refrain from commenting on 98% of rumors in June and July.
- The Phillies are rumored to be close to acquiring a starting pitcher, and willing to move Jayson Werth to make it happen. My Take: I hope they trade Werth, as he's a bigger impact than any pitcher they would acquire, including Oswalt.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Least you Should Know:
Posted by Anthony at 2:24 PM