Looking for a Great Gift?

Monday, July 19, 2010

It's The Middle of the 4th inning...

And I've given up on this game. Pelfrey was worse than Takahashi, as he threw 51 pitches in the 1st inning, and didn't complete the 2nd inning.

It's currently 6-0.

Better luck tomorrow.

UPDATE 6:30 AM. Glad I didn't stay up, as the Mets lost 13-2. Nieve and Feliciano provided no relief.

Mets have lost 4 of 5 since the all-star break, only 5 games over .500, 5 1/2 out of 1st place, and 2 1/2 back in the wild card (tied for 4th).

3 comments:

  1. You made it to the 4th huh? I stopped at 6-0 after Pelf was chased. All is not lost yet. They can still salvage the road trip and keep themselves in it. Pelf has been shaky (I am being nice) lately and without him, will be hard to win. Pelf going bad and Johan has 12 no decisions in games when he gave up 1 run or less. Very hard to win that way.

    The Mets have to win the next 2 series. If they don't, I do believe that would be consecutive series losses to the Reds, Braves, Giants, Diamondbacks (hey, best fans in baseball!), and Dodgers. Obviously we aren't there yet, but it wouldn't be a shock.

    Then again, the Mets will probably kick this trip then go home and go on one of their 10-2 runs and tease us all some more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mets need the Pelfrey of April and May if they have a chance to be above .500 in September.

    Also I believe the stat you saw for Johan was that he has 6 no decisions in the 12 starts this year where he has gone 6 innings with 1 earned run or less. And that's part of the reason why I don't care about a pitcher's win/loss stat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I turned the game off when I saw Beltran run back as if he was going to catch a ball that hit the wall 50 ft over his head...

    ReplyDelete