Looking for a Great Gift?

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Countdown to Opening Day. Home Opener, 1999.

As many of you know, I had a 10 year streak of Mets openers attended snapped last year (The streak began in 1999). As this year's opening day approaches, I will be posting a memory of each of those games every day leading up to this year's opener, which I will be attending and starting a new streak.

For those who also attended any of these games, feel free to post any of your memories.

Junior Year of KMHS and skipped school for the day; Went w/Doug and I drove to Shea in my parents Jeep. We got lost (it was my 1st time driving to Shea myself), and had to make a detour driving across a patch of grass. I also skipped baseball practice due to being lifted for a pinch hitter the day before IN THE 1ST INNING. I started at 2nd base in place of Reid Gorecki (he didn’t start because he was late to practice the day before). Reid made his major league debut last year, and is currently in the Yankees system. Yes that's one of my claims to fame.

Mets Starting Line-up:
R Henderson LF
E Alfonso 2B
J Olerud 1B
B Bonilla RF
R Ventura 3B
B McRae CF
T Pratt C
R Ordonez SS
B Jones P

Marlins Starting Line-up:
L Castillo 2B
A Gonzalez SS
M Kotsay RF
D Lee 1B
T Dunwoody CF
P Wilson LF
J Fabregas C
D Berg 3B
L Hernandez P

Mets won 8-1; weather was 50 degrees and cloudy.

No comments:

Post a Comment