- J Mejia was hit hard; he allowed three hits and one run in his one inning of work, while also striking out two in the 6th inning of a 6-3 game.
- J Francouer was 0-4 (two k's), and his average dropped to .215. He needs a day/week/year off.
- J Reyes got a bunt base hit; his first infield hit this year.
- D Wright was 2-3, with another K.
- R Barajas made an inexcusable base-running mistake in the 9th inning trying to stretch a single into a double down THREE runs, with NO outs.
- This has happened way too often this year
- Jerry going to say he's happy as long as it's an "aggressive" play??
Saturday, May 15, 2010
John Maine walked four guys in the 1st inning (including 12 straight balls to start the game), throwing 40 pitches in the process, and allowed three runs to score. Mets battled back to tie the game, including a monster home run by D Wright, but Maine gave the lead back and allowed six runs to score in his five innings pitched. He allowed seven hits and five walks, while needing 113 pitches to get 15 outs; another poor starting pitching performance. The one positive is that he hit 92 mph, so his velocity has started to return.
Posted by Anthony at 10:07 PM