Looking for a Great Gift?

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Memory: The first time I saw Lincecum Pitch

As Tim Lincecum is expected to make his Citi Field debut on Sunday, I wanted to recap the only chance I've had to see Tiny Tim pitch live (his 5th major league start), and it was the 4th most memorable game I attended at Shea Stadium.  His final line was 7 innings, 3 hits, 3 runs, 3 walks, 8 k's.


4) May 29, 2007. First opportunity to see the phenom Tim Lincecum. He was unhittable for the 1st time through the line up, striking out Beltran on a 99 mph fastball. I truly thought the Mets were going to get no hit. Delgado hit 2 bombs (1st hit was in 4th inning), including a walk-off HR in the 12th inning. Benitez was booed as he trotted in from the bullpen, yet I stood up and cheered, realizing he was going to allow us to win the game. Benitez balked in Reyes (who ran home with his hands waving in the air like a small little leaguer), the 2nd balk of the inning. Willie still hadn’t learned Schoenweis can’t get righties out and almost lost the game in the 10th. Bonds pinch hit in top of the 10th, and he got booed so viciously I was scared for his life. He walked on 5 pitches. Went with Scat and Rory.

No comments:

Post a Comment