The Mets snap their 5-game losing streak, as they win 3-2 behind a brilliant game from Pelfrey. He went 7 2/3 innings, gave up seven hits and two walks, but only two runs. He benefited from three double plays.
- Feliciano came in in the 8th inning to face the heart of the line-up, and J Heyward got an infield single, Chipper Jones walked on four pitches, but McCann strike out after trying to get hit by the previous pitch
- K-Rod made it interesting in the ninth by walking Escobar, but he got the save
- R Barajas hit a two-run double in the 2nd inning and C Carter got the other RBI in the 6th inning
- After which Chris Carter was taking out for a defensive replacement. IN THE 6TH INNING
- You can't hit Carter 4th if you are going to take him out for a defensive replacement
- Francoeur came up in a huge spot in the 8th inning and of course didn't come through
Needed to get this win and try to sweep the short series tomorrow with the ace Johan tomorrow night vs K Medlen. Mets could start the year beating the Braves in all five games thus far.