Looking for a Great Gift?

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Game 59 Mets vs Padres 1:10 Start

Mets go for their 5th win in a row, and 10th in a row at home this afternoon and this is the line-up that will face RHP Mat Latos:

J Reyes SS
A Pagan CF
J Bay LF
I Davis 1B
D Wright 3B
J Francoeur RF
A Cora 2B
H Blanco C
J Santana P

My prediction: The final score will be 2-1. I think the pitching match-up is a toss-up, so I will go with the home team. The Mets get to five games over .500 and go for the series sweep later tonight, Niese vs Garland, 7:10 PM start.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't see the game, but watched on GameCast...Apparently the offense forgot how to hit after the 2nd inning. Hopefully they wake up for the 2nd game

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post; I also didn't see the game live, but don't discount that Mat Latos is a stud and the Padres bullpen is very good.

    I'd be more concerned with Johan's start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. After hearing about his performance from those watching, it seems like his velocity was down and he had no control. Jerry seems to think it was the 7 days between starts. May very well be, but I'll believe it when I see him throw a gem his next time out. Hopefully this was an aberration.

    ReplyDelete