Looking for a Great Gift?

Monday, June 28, 2010

Carlos Beltran Daily Update

Here is a short excerpt from Will Carrol, the injury expert for Baseball Prospectus (pay site).

One observer told me that Beltran didn't appear troubled running out his double, but that he wasn't very fast, either. "He used to glide out there. Now he looks more like a Molina," he said. The same held true for Beltran's play in the field, where he was able to make two routine catches. He wasn't tested there, but the observer I spoke with said that a ball to the gap looked like an issue. He did point out one reason for Beltran playing center field: "You told us a couple years ago that stopping was often the painful part, and I think that's the case here. He's jogged, run, hit, and caught, but I haven't seen him do a hard stop yet."

My Take: Carlos Beltran looks like a Molina? Serenity now...He still has 2 1/2 weeks left on his rehab assignment, but I don't see any chance that he can't jog without limping if he isn't able to do that already. It's been 5+ months since his surgery...

No comments:

Post a Comment