- The Mets are 28-31, 7 1/2 games back from the Phillies, and in 4th place in the NL East
- They are 15-17 at Citi Field, and 13-14 on the road
- They are 5 1/2 games behind the Wild Card leading Brewers, whom the face tonight
- D Wright is out another 3 weeks minimum, as is Ike Davis. I'm projecting both to return the middle of July
- I really have no clue how the Mets are even within 3 games of .500 at this point after these two injuries. The line-up wasn't projected to be a great line-up with these two guys, and it's not pretty without them, but some how they are floating
- Jason Bay is struggling mightily, and one blog even suggest dropping him to 9th
- I'm looking like I was wrong on Bay, as I thought he would rebound and hit around 20 home runs this year. The way he looks right now, he may not hit 10.
- R.A. Dickey is battling plantar fascitis, but it has allowed him to focus more and thrown back-to-back good starts
- The biggest surprises of the season thus far have been Justin Turner and Dillon Gee, both of whom have to be in the consideration for Rookie of the Year (Turner won it for the month of May, 1st player to do so in Mets history).
- Turner is .308/.344/.436, with 11 extra base hits in 117 at bats.
- Hu, Emaus and Tejada have/had 1 extra base hit in 113 at bats this season
- Dillon Gee is 6-0, with a 3.33 ERA in 8 starts (11 games pitched).
- He's had great success mainly throwing fastball and change, which accounts for > 75% of his pitches
- His K/9 rate is average (6.5), and he's walking more than I'd expect (3.33), but he's once again benefiting from an extremely low BAPIP of .232, and his FIP (which normalizes the BAPIP to the mean) is 3.85.
Mets open up a 10-game road trip tonight (Brewers 3, Pirates 4, Braves 3), before returning home to welcome in the Angels and Athletics. I'm projecting a 4-6 road trip.
What are your thoughts on the current State of the Mets?