Looking for a Great Gift?

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Mets Win again, and Go for the Sweep Tonight

My wife is beginning to wonder why I don't go to sleep any more, and my simple response was "Mets are on the West Coast and actually playing well." I hoped the game today would be a 4:00 start, but another long night awaits us... I watched the majority of the game last night, except for 5 minute clips where I just rested my eyes. Couple observations.

  • Niese's velocity was down all game. He was still effective, but he won't be much longer if he's sitting at 88 mph versus 92-93 mph.
  • Carlos Beltran created and stole a run solely on his base-running. This used to be a huge part of Beltran's value, but the knee injuries have limited this recently. It was great to see this and fun to watch
  • K-Rod finished his 33rd game, 22 more games finished and his 17.5 million dollar contract vests. 
    • It is widely known/assumed that K-Rod will agree to waive his no-trade clause in exchange for a multi-year deal and to get rid of the option. What is his agent thinking his asking price is? I'd give him 2 years, 16-20 million dollars (8-10 million/year) and see if that gets it done. 
      • What do you think his price is/what will his next contract be?

1 comment:

  1. 3 of 4, not so bad. It will be interesting to see how they do against the SF and PHI pitching they have to face coming up. They are still more than watchable, and let's be honest, who thought they would be at this point? I would love for them to catch PHI or ATL, but I am not sure how they are going to do that.

    Bummer about the Yankee hat...that's harsh...

    ReplyDelete