Looking for a Great Gift?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And I'm Back!

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day Weekend, as I certainly did. The little time away from the blog was spent with friends and family, and it was much needed. What has happened in the mean-time?

The Mets sit at 25-28, 8 1/2 games back from the Phillies, and in 4th place in the NL East. Ike Davis is flying back to NY because his ankle isn't responding how they would like, and D Wright has not yet begun baseball activities as far as I know (original plan was to rest for 10 days, it's now been 14 days). Justin Turner has been a pleasant surprise, but is anyone else sick of having Willie Harris play the infield? And with J Reyes on the Bereavement list (eligible to return on Thursday), no one could've imagined that on any May night, our infield would be D Murphy, W Harris, J Turner and R Tejada. 

Other things to keep an eye on: MLB Draft is next week, with the Mets being linked to the UNC SS, or an OF from UCONN. Every one will be watching to see if they are taking chances with guys going overslot/taking the best player available.

What are your thoughts about the current state of the Mets? Are you ready to trade Beltran, K-Rod, Reyes and/or Wright now, or wait another 4-6 weeks to see if we can crawl above .500 and make a wild card run?

LET'S GO METS!

2 comments:

  1. I think the Mets will trade the big players as soon as they have a solid offer. K-Rod, Beltran, and even though I am against it, Reyes, are going to be out of here. The Mets aren't going to win the division and I don't see them winning the wild card. I think they should keep D Wright since they need somebody to sell tickets. I am enjoying watching the kids play and hope they can develop into everyday solid major league players.

    But if they are going to dump 40 million in payroll and start this thing over, they might as well do it now. If these other teams get more time out of the trades, their value is likely to go up. I would think the closer it gets to July the more of a rental it is, and the value is not great for a rental.

    And the OF from UCONN that is rumored to be liked by the Mets is Springer. He is good. Really good. I would go for pitching though becuase pitching is such a premium. Hell, I am greedy, give me a lefty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trade as many as possible for as much young talent as possible.

    Is anyone else concerned at how bad Jason Bay is at the plate?

    ReplyDelete